The Occupational Health mission is to protect military and civilian employees from occupational injuries, illnesses and exposures due to hazardous materials or environment through pre-placement and annual medical surveillance exams, while maintaining compliance with military and civilian regulatory agencies.
Pre-Placement Medical Clearance
Annual Job-Specific Medical Surveillance
- To ensure continued safe, health job environments and to detect early evidence of adverse health effects due to harmful workplace exposures in accordance with OSHA and Army Regulations.
- Employees should request an appointment through their supervisor and allow sufficient time (two weeks) to complete the termination screening examination.
Reproductive Hazards Surveillance
- The Reproductive Hazards Program helps to identify if there are hazards in the workplace that my harm the employee or their unborn child.
- To prevent hearing loss from occupational exposure and noise.
- To protect the vision of Soldiers and civilian employees, and ensure the workplace is free of vision hazards.
Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses
- All injuries must be reported to your supervisor immediately.
- Employees may receive immediate treatment in the Emergency Department for life or limb emergencies. Otherwise, employees may choose a provider that accepts workers compensation.
- Supervisors must investigate injury and report to Safety and Occupational Health withing 48 hours.
- All claims must be submitted online at the Employees' Compensation & Operations Management Portal by using Firefox.
Bloodborne Pathogens/Needlestick Surveillance
- Employees are to seek immediate treatment in the Emergency Department and notify Occupational Health for follow-up labs and surveillance.
- Federal personnel required to work with potential exposure to infectious disease will be immunized with appropriate vaccines.
Chief, Occupational Health
Phone: (785) 239-7042
Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Closed on federal holidays and selected
Location: Caldwell Clinic
7665 Normandy Drive
Fort Riley, KS 66442