Public Health Nursing offers a variety of services to promote health and wellness and prevent disease and injury among soldiers, beneficiaries, and Army civilian employees.
- Education and counseling on sexually transmitted diseases, HIV/AIDS, and other diseases of public health importance; investigations of communicable disease outbreaks.
- Counseling and medication offered to service members and beneficiaries who desire to quit using tobacco. Clients may be referred through their medical provider or may self-refer to the clinic.
Latent TB Infection Case Management
- Counseling and medication offered to those who have been diagnosed with latent tuberculosis infection. Assistance with contact evaluation for cases of active tuberculosis is also available.
Travel Medicine Services
- Education and pre-travel counseling for soldiers and beneficiaries on diseases of public health significance and recommended vaccinations/medications for areas of travel.
Health Consultation for Child, Youth and School Services
- Includes providing health and sanitation inspections of childcare facilities and Family Childcare (FCC) homes, training staff as needed on health related matters, and serving as the health consultant on the Special Needs Accommodation Process team.
Chief, Public Health Nursing
Phone: (785) 239-7323/7042
Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Closed on federal holidays and selected
Location: Caldwell Clinic
7665 Normandy Drive
Fort Riley, KS 66442