Our mission is to provide humanitarian support to service members, veterans and their families around the clock, around the globe, under the same trusted symbol. The American Red Cross offers volunteer opportunities and safety classes on a variety of topics. The office also offers emergency assistance to military families as well as natural disaster relief.
Services provided include the following:
- Emergency Communications - The American Red Cross Hero Care Center is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 day a year, with two options for requesting assistance, online and by phone.
- Financial Assistance - The American Red Cross works in partnership with military aid societies to provide quality, reliable financial assistance to eligible applicants 24/7/365. Assistance can include funds for emergency travel, burial of a loved one, emergency food and shelter, etc.
- Deployment Services - Whether your family is facing its first deployment or the next of many, the American Red Cross has developed workshops, information and support services to help you with the practical and emotional challenges.
- Information Referral - The American Red Cross offers confidential services to all members of the military, veterans, and their families by connecting them with local, state and national resources through our network of chapters in communities across the United States and offices on military installations worldwide.
- Services for Veterans - American Red Cross services for veterans date back to World War I and remains consistent with the spirit of our congressional charter. Today, the Red Cross is proud to maintain our commitment to the men and women who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces.
Thank you for your interest in serving your neighbors. The American Red Cross relies on volunteers to help us with our mission of relieving human suffering by preventing, preparing for and responding to emergencies.
The American Red Cross, serving Kansas processes all volunteer applications and conducts volunteer training throughout the state.
Follow these steps to become registered:
Youth 17 or under: http://www.bit.ly/arcksyouth
Adult volunteers: http://www.bit.ly/arcksadult
- Create your Red Cross single-sign on ID
- Fill out your Volunteer Connection profile
- At "Select Chapter," select American Red Cross of Capital Area Kansas
- Check your email inbox to ACTIVATE your account
- Complete the step by step process to update your profile
- You will be assigned an intake path with several steps you must accomplish before proceeding
- In the tab titles "Review and Indicate Opportunities of Interest"
- Click all that apply including Kansas Capital Area - Topeka and Surrounding Counties - Including Fort Riley"
- Then on the next screen click on "Service to the Armed Forces Volunteer
- Make sure you click on any blue text and follow all directions
- Then finally submit your background check (free of charge)
- Complete the online orientation to the American Red Cross
- Then schedule your on-boarding with SAF Team Leader
Congratulations and welcome: You're an official American Red Cross Volunteer.